As an indigenous leather handbag design and manufacturing company, we use a plethora of leather types and textures for our Made in Nigeria handbag designs.
In this blog post, we will be sharing tips on how to care for your patent leather handbags and accessories. Patent leather has been coated with a high-gloss, shiny finish.
To care for patent leather specifically, it’s important to keep it clean and protected from scratches, stains, and damage. Here are a few tips for maintaining patent leather:
- Wipe down the surface of the patent leather regularly with a damp cloth to remove dirt and grime.
- Use a mild soap or patent leather cleaner specifically made for patent leather if necessary. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as these can damage the surface of the patent leather.
- Keep patent leather items out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources, as this can cause the patent leather to dry out and crack.
- Store patent leather items in a cool, dry place when not in use.
- Use a protectant spray specifically made for patent leather to protect it from water and stains.
- Avoid using any kind of oil or wax on patent leather as it can cause discoloration or damage the surface
- Always est any cleaning products on a small inconspicuous area before using it in large areas.
- Be extra cautious when cleaning patent leather shoes, as the soles are usually made of rubber or other materials that may be damaged by certain cleaners.